Today I was going to share with you the tools I use as a digital marketer, which help me manage and support clients with their social media and digital marketing. Then I realised that I've already written The Ultimate 2021 Social Media Tools List - the must-have, essential tools and apps for every social media manager and small business owner - that is still pretty much relevant in 2022 for project management, social media and digital marketing success.
However, there is one vital tool that I've been using for almost two years that is helping me achieve success on a different level: financial freedom.
Since I started investing in April 2021, my investments have made almost 6.71% rate of return. Below is a graph of the holdings I invest in, their weight and their change over time. Considering the state the world is in lately, Emerging Markets and Developed Europe's performance is pretty much expected. However, I'm fine with this because my investments are for a long-term goal: retiring before age 50.
Disclaimer: Remember the value of investments, and any income from them, can go down as well as up, and you may get back less than you invest. Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future results.
If you're wondering what helps me feel confident with my choices of holdings (somehow)? I learned two things:
- Historically these holdings have been increasing in value, except in times of crisis and instability - in other words, it's bad news only if I wanted to retire during a market crash like now, but otherwise should be fine (I think)
- The Life-changing Magic of Compound Interest
Financial Education should be a right, not a privilege.
One last thought: To achieve financial freedom, I need to invest. To invest, I need to save/spend less. To save, I need to make lifestyle changes - for me, that's by embracing minimalism.
Over to you 💁🏻♀️
- What are your thoughts on financial freedom? do you think about it?
- Are there areas in your business and life that you can improve by embracing minimalism?
- Do you have any tips/books/articles for whoever is interested in investing and financial freedom?
That's all for today. I hope you found this useful and that it opened your eyes to something that could potentially change and improve your life and the way you do business. In my next letter, I will share my tip on how I turn workaholism from exhaustion to productivity.
Thank you for reading, and have an awesome weekend,
Come to our upcoming Cambridge Social Media events:
- Lets chat about financial freedom in Talks about healthy & sustainable marketing | LinkedIn Audio Event | Mon, Aug 15, 10:00 AM - 10:30 AM BST